Skip navigation
Media File
Horstmann
Remarks: W. H. Horstmann emigrated to the U. S. from Germany in the early 19th century and settled in Philadelphia. He opened a lace and fringe factory at 91 N. 3rd St. in 1816; between 1828 and 1830 he opened a military goods store at 51 N. 3rd St.; he subsequently opened a branch of his militrary goods store in New York City; around 1843 he took his sons, W. J. Horstmann and S. H. Horstmann, into the business.