Skip navigation
Media File
Ginsburg & Levy, Inc.
Date: 1901 - 1975
Remarks: Ginsburg & Levy, Inc., was a noted antiques shop in New York City. Brothers-in-law John Ginsburg and Isaac Levy opened a curio shop in 1901, but quickly moved into the antiques trade. The firm also operated under the name The Colony Shops. The company sold high quality American and English antique furniture, porcelain, pottery, silver, brass, and other decorative art objects. After the original owners retired, their sons Benjamin Ginsburg and Bernard Levy continued the business. Between 1973 and 1976, Benjamin Ginsburg and Bernard Levy dissolved their firm.