Skip navigation
Richmond, Staten Island, New York
Date: 1864-1867
Related People:
Medium: Watercolor and black ink over graphite on paper inlaid into another sheet
Dimensions: Overall: 3 3/4 x 6 1/2 in. ( 9.5 x 16.5 cm ) mat: 11 x 14 in. ( 27.9 x 35.6 cm )
Credit Line: Gift of Samuel V. Hoffman
Object Number: 1912.28
Send to a Friend
Inscribed: Inscribed at lower center outside image in black ink: "RICHMOND."

Gallery Label:

In this view of the village and county seat from Latourette Hill are the third Richmond County Court House, built in 1837, and, at the right, St. Andrew's Protestant Episcopal church, built in 1709-12 and enlarged in 1743, 1770, and 1807. It was destroyed by fire in 1867.